Botox vs Dysport | Which One is Best for You!
Botox vs Dysport? Which one is the best treatment? Which treatment is more effective between the two? Can we switch between them? You will find answers to these questions after reading this blogpost about Botox vs Dysport.
Both are popular procedures to solve skin issues. These treatments are used to eradicate wrinkles and frown lines and also to relax your facial muscles. Botox is more popular because it spent more years in the U.S market. However, Dysport is famous over recent years. It’s approved by the FDA since 2009 and offering the same benefits as Botulinum toxin type A.
The company of Allergan brought it to the market. It was approved by the FDA in 2002, much earlier than Dysport. Both have the same active ingredient, which is botulinum toxin (onabotulinaumtoxinA). Mixing with the protein, it helps to slow down the release of the neurotoxin. It produced a softer and more relaxed muscle. It is normally used to treat glabella lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines. This treatment is completed within 15 minutes, with minimal discomfort.
Galderma Company discovered Dysport, and it was approved by the FDA in 2009. Both are almost similar treatments. However, the Dysport formula is a little bit different. It uses fewer protein buffers and used to relax your facial muscles. It is also used for moderate to severe treatment of wrinkles. This treatment is best for you if you want to soften your expression lines. It is a little bit quicker than Botox.
Botox vs Dysport Similarities
When it comes to Botox Vs Dysport both Procedures have similarities and differences. Below Mentioned Similarities between Botox Vs Dysport will make it easier for you to understand both Procedures:
- Both have the same formula and are approved by the FDA.
- Chemically, they are almost the same, as they contain the same 150 kilodaltons active core.
- Both of them use the same mechanism of action in the muscles. They relax the muscle tissue and also prevent muscle contraction.
- Both are used to recover the appearance of facial lines.
- Both products are temporary and last only for 3 to 4 months.
- These treatments are very safe. However, they have very minimal common side effects of swelling and redness at the targeted area.
Botox vs Dysport Differences
- The dosage level is changed as Dysport is more diluted than Botox.
- Botox has brand recognition, but Dysport did not receive it yet.
- Dysport uses smaller protein molecules than Botox, which makes it a little bit less productive.
- As their formula is a little bit change, Dysport acts a bit differently in the body. It diffuses more and covers more area after injection.
- Dysport will not work valuable for small areas, such as the space between the eyebrows.
- Dysport shows results in 2-5 days as compared to 5-7 days for Botox.
- Although both are fantastic options for wrinkles and fine lines, you can talk to the specialist, and he can decide which treatment is best for you.
Botox vs Dysport? If you are talking about efficiency, safety, and quality, almost all products are identical. The difference came on price. Dysport is cheaper than Botox. But it must be remembered that you need more of its injections than BOTOX injections to get the same results.
For example: If you require 20 units of Botox for forehead treatment, then to get the same results, you will need almost 60 units of Dysport. Contact a skilled Esthetician to save your money and to get the desired result. Blissful Medspa offers various medical and Spa treatments in New City NY including treatment for Wrinkles, Kybella injections for double chin, Dermal Fillers PRP treatment for hair loss, Spider veins treatment, etc. Book Your Appointment now or Consult Us at (845) 708 5188.